- The Death of a Childhood
- The Death of a Relationship
- The Death of a Person
- The Death of Our First Adam
- The Death of our Physical Self
- Become a famous musician, and nearly be killed for it
- Defeat Goliath, after being mocked and laughed at
- Become best friends with the son of a man who was trying to kill him
- Serve his country in war, then be driven into hiding for it
- Survive the deaths of Saul and Jonathan, only to benefit from it
What would have happened to David if he had not had these experiences, and went from being a shepherd boy to a king overnight? Which one of these was most forming for David to become a man of God - and a King? How did David let his childhood die?
What are the moments where your childhood died? When did you grow from being what you were, to what you are?